If you’re anything like me, you love getting thoughtful and useful gifts for all the people on your list and this can make this time of year unnecessarily stressful and overwhelming.
But when you come across a shop like My Favourite Things, offering such a wonderful myriad of items, it’s extremely refreshing. Apart from it’s gorgeously inviting displays, my favourite thing about the shop, is that, although the items are focused around babies and children there are even items for mothers and grandparents too. With it’s fine selection of items that have been thoughtfully curated with each brand having a beautiful brand story, this baby and kids boutique is one place you’ll need to visit for your holiday shopping. From educational, to sentimental you’re sure to find something for all the special littles on your list.
Here is a selection of some of our top picks:
- Plan Toys – PlanToys creates innovative educational toys for every developmental stage of childhood. They incorporate thoughtful design and age-appropriate challenges to stimulate children’s creativity, encourage healthy social interaction, promote natural learning and instill a sense of wonder.
- From Babies with Love – This brand donates 100% of its profits to orphaned and abandoned children. Every penny of profit from their beautiful, ethically sourced baby gifts goes to vulnerable children around the world. Through their charity, the From Babies with Love Foundation, your purchases support orphaned and abandoned children to live in SOS Children’s Villages. These children have lost their parents through war, famine, disease or poverty.
- Matchstick Monkey – A fun soft textured teething toy with bumps on the back of the head to help keep your recommended gels or granules in place whilst massaging those back gums at the same time.
- Ilado – Maternity jewelry for the Mum to be –Ilado Paris revives the ancestral Mayan tradition of maternity necklace as a meaningful jewelry piece for today’s mothers. The “Harmony ball” or “Angel Caller” was traditionally worn by Mayan mothers-to-be. Legend has it that its soft, crystalline chime sound had the power to call the baby’s guardian angel.
- Nana’s Manners – All of Nana’s Manners ® products will support children in becoming confident and independent in the world around them. The feature product is ergonomically designed children’s cutlery. Nana’s Manners ® is a family business, born through a belief of helping children to learn the brilliant basics through product innovation. We all want to help our children in becoming the best they can be. The company has also teamed up with the charity Magic Breakfast. Each pack of our Christmas Conversation Cards sold will donate 2 breakfasts to children that would otherwise start their school day hungry.
- Tegu Magnetic Blocks – As toys have evolved, blocks have remained a playroom staple. Tegu, have made a good thing great. By creating a magnetic wooden building system, the limitless possibilities of Tegu Blocks make playtime boundless.
- Doudou et Compagnie – The great strength of Doudou et Compagnie is to rely on traditional French know-how, recognised worldwide for its quality and innovation. Each creation is imagined and prototyped on the site of Taverny, by designers and seamstresses. Talented and passionate, who imagine the comforters of tomorrow, each soft toy comes in its own purposely designed box.
- BioBuddi – These blocks are environment-friendly building blocks made of 100% biobased materials created to inspire play, learning and creativity. The new “green” bio-based building blocks are made from waste of the sugarcane industry, making them bio-based to create a sustainable and healthy environment. The quality of the building blocks is amazing, and what’s more, the blocks also fit perfectly with other brick brands and they are very attractively priced.
- Myweeteepees – A UK based company, Myweeteepees was something of an accidental business, the brand came into being from the combined love of textile design with the need to create a secure play space for Kate’s young daughter. It turned into a big hit with all four of their children, who used the teepee for imaginative play, a perfect reading nook, a sensory space, a family chill out zone. Friends and family loved the teepee too and orders soon came in….. to this day their teepees continue to be named after the very first child that design was ever made for 🙂
- Books: From left to right
o Christmas Present, Christmas Past Journal – All the family will love this family tradition of creating your own Christmas story that you will treasure forever. The journal covers 10 years and is available in a choice of two different warm and festive cover designs with hand-drawn illustrations inside.
o A to Z of Christmas – This fabulous hardback A to Z of Christmas book is a fun and engaging colour illustrated children’s rhyming book with 2 games and a pull out set of decorations to colour in. Featuring four lovable characters Badger, Fox, Hedgehog and Owl as they discover the magic of Christmas learning the alphabet along the way.
o How to Grow & Eat Monster Vegetables – M.P. Robertson’s stunning illustrations bring a whole host of Monster Vegetables to life in this brilliantly funny and clever guide designed to encourage children to discover vegetables. Packed full of gardening tips, recipes and more.
o Remember the Magic of Christmas – A concertina style keepsake holder containing sheets of illustrated notepaper, perfect for storing children’s letters and cards at this magical time.