I recently got tagged in a local bloggers community on Facebook by Fiona of CruetlyFreeMalta. Although, initially I wasn’t too keen on the post I thought it might be interesting for my readers to get to know a little more about me and this blog. I participated in something similar a few months ago too for the Liebster Award.
1. How did you get your blog / YouTube channel name?
Years ago, way before I started my blog, I came across this quote on the internet, ‘today I will be happier than a bird with a french fry‘ and it struck a chord with me. Happiness has a tendency to be overrated and it just doesn’t need to be. It should be simple. For a bird, one fry, for me, my son smiling back at me. I found myself repeating it when things seemed to be going south. It helped then and it continued to help me through difficult days. I always share my fries with the birds pecking at my feet.
2. If you could change your name to anything, what would it be and why?
Nope, doesn’t work for me. I can’t imagine another name for myself. A person becomes their name and I can always just see that person (including myself) as the definition of their name.
3. If you could go back in time and give your younger self advice, what would it be and why?
Never, ever second guess yourself. Looking back, there are so many things I wish I pursued, but I often judged myself too harshly and expected too much of myself. I’m a perfectionist and if I can’t do something perfectly, I won’t want to do it.
4. How old were you when you first learned to blow a bubblegum bubble?
I loved bubble gum, that pink juicy chewy gum that lasts all of 5 minutes before becoming impossible to chew. But I have no recollection of when I learned to blow a bubblegum bubble. Does anyone? What I do remember is my little brother sticking his bubble gum in my very long hair.
5. What did you want to be when you were little?
When I was very young, I went around saying I wanted to be a ‘movie star’, thanks to the influence of the 70’s disco era. After that I was greatly influenced by my mother sewing and I quickly fell in love with sewing and fashion design. I sewed for my dolls, cut clipping from magazines and plastered my wall with the latest fashions from 80’s fashion design icons Donna Karan and Calvin Klein. But, but see question 3.
6. What’s the hardest you ever laughed?
Is it really bad that I don’t remember? I laugh everyday but the hardest I have ever laughed, my memory is not that good.
7. If you could play any musical instrument, which would it be and why?
I always wanted to learn how to play the piano when I was younger.
8. What’s your favorite thing to do when your upset?
There is nothing favourite about being upset. But you’ll know I’m upset because I do things like slam kitchen cupboards.
9. What’s your favorite movie?
10. What’s one food you can not live without?
Beans and sushi, not in that order and not together.
11. What’s your favorite dessert?
Vanilla or lemon anything.
12. Favorite pizza topping?
13. Would you rather have the superpower to read minds, or the superpower to be invisible?
To read minds.
14. What did you do for your last birthday?
We left the hospital with my son after 17 days.
15. If you had one personal “selfish” wish, what would it be and why?
To go back to university and finish my degree.